Looking Forward–What Are the Best Uses for the Myers Park Property?
Recently our neighborhoods faced a challenging proposal for the possible sale and intensive development of the 9.7 acre Myers Park property where the Parks and Recreation community center and administrative offices are located. While the proposed comprehensive plan amendment was withdrawn by the City Commission, the future of the site is still uncertain.
At the Woodland Drives neighborhood meeting of February 28, City Commissioner Gil Ziffer agreed that “visioning” a forward-looking use of this property, rather than reacting to the ideas of others, would be useful in determining how the property might be used in the future. The Myers Park Neighborhood Association endorsed the visioning process the following week.
Visioning Reports and Documents
- Myers Park Parcel Visioning Report (uploaded 5/20/17)
- Agenda for Visioning Workshop #3 scheduled on 4/27/17 from 6-8:30 PM at First Presbyterian Church/Westminster Fellowship Hall, 110 N Adams St., Tallahassee, FL 32301
- Final Report from Visioning Workshop #2 (4/22/17)
- Data Charts from Visioning Workshop #1 (4/22/17)
- Final Report from Visioning Workshop #1 (4/18/17, updated 4/21/17)
- Agenda for Visioning Workshop #2 scheduled on 4/22/17 from 10-12:30 PM at Leroy Collins Public Library (downtown), 200 W Park Ave., Tallahassee, FL 32301
- Looking Forward — What Are the Best Uses for the Myers Park Property article on Visioning Process (2/27/17)
- Guided Tour of Myers Park Property site visit details scheduled for 4/17/17 at Noon
- Agenda for Visioning Workshop #1 scheduled on 4/18/17 from 6-9 PM at First Presbyterian Church/Westminster Fellowship Hall, 110 N Adams St., Tallahassee, FL 32301
- Map of site with aerial imagery
- Map of site with building footprints
Reports and Documents created by the Friends of Tallahassee Parks and Rec Office
- The Friends’Presentation to Commissioner Ziffer’s Myers Park Mapping Committee (6/13/17)
- The View of Cascades and Tallahassee Skyline from the Myers Park Parcel (by Drone) (uploaded to Facebook 5/11/17)
- Keep Public Lands Public citizens’ report presented at the Local Planning Agency Meeting (2/7/17)